The Great Indoors HVAC Company seeks the Oldest Furnace in Quesnel
The Great Indoors HVAC Company is looking for the oldest furnace in Quesnel and will give its owner a new furnace free as part of an effort to highlight the potential for energy saving from new heating equipment.
“We felt this contest was a good way to draw attention to the potential to save a lot of money by upgrading an old heating system, said Cameron Fehr from The Great Indoors HVAC Company. “There are some very old heating systems around town and homeowners are wasting a lot of money by continuing to operate them.”
According to Fehr, any furnace more than 20 years old is a ripe candidate for replacement. Especially if the efficiency was 80% or less when new. Fehr pointed out the average life expectancy of a gas furnace is 17 years according to Appliance Magazine. As mechanical equipment ages, its performance degrades and becomes less efficient.
Homeowners who believe they might have the oldest furnace in the area are encouraged to complete The Great Indoors HVAC Company entry form at 151 Reid St, downtown Quesnel or drop by The Great Indoors HVAC Company’s booth at the 2016 Quesnel Home and Outdoor Adventure Show, May 6th through May 8th and fill out an entry in person. Entries will be checked for age and the winner will be selected by June 30th, 2016.
The Oldest Furnace Entry Rules
•The contest is for owner occupied, single family homes with central, ducted natural gas heating systems.
•Entrants must be legal adults and legal residents of British Columbia.
•Entrants must be homeowners and fully empowered to make purchase and home improvement decisions regarding their residence.
•Homes must be located within The Great Indoors HVAC Company’s service area, defined as: Within Fortis BC’s residential natural gas distribution area for Quesnel.
•Entries must be received between May 6th, 2016 and June 10th, 2016.
•Entries may be turned in to The Great Indoors HVAC Company’s booth at the 2016 Quesnel Home and Outdoor Adventure Show, completed online at www.tgihvac.com or mailed to 151 Reid Street, Quesnel, BC., V2J2L9.
•The furnace must be operating and heating the home. The duct system must be in good condition and properly sized for the furnace. The duct system must be free of mold.
•Representatives from The Great Indoors HVAC Company must be allowed access to the furnace to examine the installation and record manufacturer nameplate information.
•The winner will be the oldest furnace submitted according to objective information (e.g., the manufacturer’s nameplate date code), installation or sale paperwork provided by the homeowner, or the best judgment of The Great Indoors HVAC Company’s employees.
•All decisions are final.
•To provide enough time to confirm the age of all entrants’ furnaces the winner will be selected on June 30th, 2016. The winner shall be informed prior to media announcements.
•The winner will be posted online at www.tgihvac.com by June 30th, 2016.
• The winning entry will receive the: Amana AMVM 97% AFUE (up to) 80,000 BTU Fully modulating, Variable speed, High Efficiency Natural Gas Furnace with the communicating ComfortNet control thermostat. Total value: $4,610.00.
• The winning entry will be responsible for: Installation from The Great Indoors HVAC Company, permit fees, taxes, duct system modifications (if necessary), any hazardous material removal and abatement (e.g., asbestos, mold, etc.), and any improvements needed to bring the installation in compliance with existing building and mechanical codes (any applicable costs will be discussed before hand).
• The winning entry will agree to allow The Great Indoors HVAC Company to use images and likenesses of the old and furnace and the homeowners’ name in promotional material.
• The winner will provide The Great Indoors HVAC Company with 12 months of gas bill information prior to the replacement, 12 months of gas bill information following the installation, and release The Great Indoors HVAC Company to share this information with the public.
• Entrants agree to receive newsletters and other information from The Great Indoors HVAC Company from time to time. The Great Indoors HVAC Company lists or customer information will not be shared with other companies. Entrants can remove themselves from any subscription lists at any time by notifying The Great Indoors HVAC Company by mail, phone, through The Great Indoors HVAC Company website, or by email of their desire to be removed from any lists.
• Entrants agree to hold The Great Indoors HVAC Company, its owners, officers, agents, and employees harmless for any injuries, loss, or damages related to the contest.
• Prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash.
• No entry fee or purchase is required.
• Employees of The Great Indoors HVAC Company and their family members are not eligible.
Congratulations to Michelle Gronskei,
Installed in 1958, her furnace is Quesnels' 2016 Oldest Furnace Contest Winner. You know your furnace is old when the serial number is simply "B".
Thank you so much to everyone who entered. With close to 200 entries we found a lot of old furnaces out there.